Garda Post Meal Of The Month
Finding something that tastes delicious but isn’t loaded with high calories can be difficult at times. There is a solution with this dish that will satisfy your hunger, taste great and is under 400 calories…
Garlic Spinach Potato Pancakes with Poached Eggs
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil, plus more for frying
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 4-5 eggs (1 for pancakes, the rest for topping)
- salt & pepper
- green onions and tomatoes for garnish
How to cook:
- Scrub the potatoes and cut into small cubes. Add to a large pot of water, bring to a boil, and cook until fork-tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat, then add the garlic. Cook for 30 seconds, stirring, before adding the spinach. Cook for a few minutes, until wilted, then remove from heat. Set aside.
- When the potatoes are done, drain, and mash. If you wanted to add cream or cheese or butter, now is the time to do it! Let the potatoes cool for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and spinach, along with one egg and a generous amount of salt and pepper, to the mashed potatoes. Stir together until completely integrated.
- Heat a few Tablespoons of oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Once hot, form the mashed potatoes into pancakes ½-3/4″ thick . Cook until golden on one side, then flip, and cook until golden on the other side. Work in batches until all of the mashed potatoes are cooked.
- While the potatoes are cooking, fry or poach your eggs.
- When all of the potato pancakes are cooked, top with eggs and garnish with green onions and tomatoes. Serve warm.
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 383; Total Fat: 9g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Monounsaturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 282mg; Sodium: 238mg; Total Carbohydrate: 61g; Dietary Fiber: 6g; Sugars: 3g; Protein: 16g