Published on August 9th, 2017 | by Barry Healy0
Roast pineapple with black pepper & rum
Continuing with our summer themed recipes, given that there is only so much time left to enjoy a nice dinner or treat outside and soak in the sun, we have decided share a number of easy and delicious recipes to accompany the last days of the warm weather.
This exotic dessert will definitely bring back memories from that amazing holiday to the Caribbean.
- 100g light Muscovado sugar
- 1 tsp chilli flakes, plus extra to serve
- 1 pineapple peeled, top leaves left on
- 50g butter
For the rum cream:
- 160g can coconut cream
- 2 tbsp. white rum
1. Heat oven to 180°C. Mix the sugar, chilli and 1 tsp cracked pepper in a large roasting tin. Roll the pineapple in the sugar and dot the top with the pieces of butter.
2. Roast the pineapple for 30 mins, basting it every 10 mins with the buttery juices, until sticky and golden. Remove dish from oven and leave to cool slightly.
3. Make the rum cream: Whip the coconut cream to soft peaks, then slowly fold in the rum.
4. Just before serving, baste the pineapple again. Carve into wedges or slices, and serve with any extra sauce from the tin and a large dollop of the cream.
Total time: 0:50 Prep: 0:20 Serves: 5-6