Garda-Post meal of the month- Pork fillet stroganoff
Finding something that tastes delicious but isn’t loaded with high calories can be difficult at times. There is a solution with this dish that will satisfy your hunger & taste great. This month’s meal is a pork fillet stroganoff…
• 400g/14oz pork fillet
• 2 tbsp sunflower oil
• 25g/1oz butter
• 1 onion, finely sliced
• 2 tablespoons of paprika
• 225g/8oz button chestnut mushrooms halved
• 140ml/5fl oz carton soured cream
• 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1 tablespoon of freshly chopped parsley
• Mashed potato
How to prepare
1. Remove any fat from the pork fillet and discard. Cut into thin strips about 1x6cm/½x2½in. Season the meat with salt and pepper.
2. Heat a large non stick frying pan until hot, add a little oil when very hot, then add the meat. Stir fry really briskly until brown, if cooked really fast there should be no juices, but take care not to overcook. Lift out with a slotted spoon onto a plate.
3. Put the butter in the pan, add the onions and cook over a low heat until the onions are really tender. Sprinkle in the paprika and stir in the mushrooms. Turn up the heat and toss for a minute.
4. Add the pork and cream to the pan and heat through. Add the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
5. Garnish with the parsley and serve the mashed potato alongside.