Some Helpful Tips To Combat Hay Fever This Summer
It’s that time of the year once again where those of us who suffer from hay fever begin to suffer! The reaction is caused by an allergic reaction to pollen from trees, grass and flowers and results in symptoms such as watery eyes, runny nose, sneezing, coughing and headaches.A recent study has revealed that one in five of us suffer from hay fever and the condition keeps 87% of us awake at night.And around 80% of people with asthma are at an increased risk of having an attack because they also suffer from hay fever.
The condition can make life extremely uncomfortable, particularly for those who suffer with severe symptoms. It can interfere with the sufferer’s sleep, affect their daily routines and disrupt their productivity significantly.
Here are some helpful tips to combat hay fever symptoms during the summer months…
1. Keep doors and windows closed at home and when driving.
2. Apply a little Vaseline inside your nose to trap pollen and stop it being inhaled.
3. Wear sunglasses, preferably wraparound glasses, which prevent pollen entering the eyes.
4. Don’t mow the grass, and avoid working in the garden.
5. Don’t dry clothes outside if possible.
6. Wash your hair, hands and face when you come back indoors and change your clothes to get rid of any pollen.