Launch of KOPS – New Garda Wellbeing App
An Garda Síochána are pleased to announce the launch of their new Wellbeing App, called KOPS. KOPS stands for Keeping Our People Supported. The app has been created specifically for employees of An Garda Síochána.
Any problem, Any Phone, Any time
The app serves the purpose to ensure that all Garda personnel can access to help to support their wellbeing whenever and wherever they need it. Particularly if someone is in distress and needs urgent assistance.
Policing as a profession comes with unique challenges and hazards. That’s why this app has links to services that are available to support Garda personnel any time with any problem, however big or small.
You don’t need to be in work, at your desk or have a mobility device to get the information you need, when you need it. Help is available 24hrs a day, 365 days a year – whether you need someone to speak to or just information on something you are worried about.
The app can be installed on any phone – iphone or android, personal or official Garda mobility device using this link https://kops.garda.ie
Wellbeing at Work and at Home
The new app features lots of useful information for your work and personal life:
- A ‘Help Me Now’ button to connect you to support services day or night.
- Useful contacts for supports and services inside and outside of An Garda Síochána.
- Information about Post Incident Support and details of services provided by An Garda Síochána to support you following a stressful or traumatic event.
- A section on Common Concerns which may be experienced by personnel in policing at work/home and where to get help if you need it.
- A Wellbeing Toolkit which includes information on everything from physical health to financial difficulties.
- The latest updates about living with COVID-19 and useful links to travel information for holidays and advice on returning to the workplace.
The app is being shared via the Garda website so that the wider Garda Family – including retirees, family, friends and colleagues who may be on sick leave can access key information on supports and services available to our employees.
While some of the services listed in the app are only available to employees of An Garda Síochána, there is also a lot of information on a wide range of issues that can affect both our physical and mental health.
The App is “open access” which means you do not need to log in or register to use it.
Individual usage of the app will not be tracked or monitored – only statistics relating to overall downloads and most popular pages will be gathered.
A user guide is attached here with instructions on how to install the App on any phone – iphone or android. This version of the user guide is available to all.
For employees of An Garda Síochána, there is further information – including details of technical support – on the Garda Portal.
Source: An Garda Síochána