Meal of the week
Lamb is always a family favourite for dinner. For this meal you can combine delicious lamb chops, fresh herbs, lemon and feta cheese for a delightfully quick and tasty dish.
What you will need
• 1 small handful fresh oregano sprigs
• 1 small handful fresh thyme sprigs
• olive oil for drizzling and frying
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1 block good-quality feta cheese
• 1 lemon, juice only, to taste
• Around 6 or 8 lamb cutlets
How to prepare
To start you should firstly tear the leaves off the oregano and thyme sprigs, place into a bowl and drizzle over some olive oil. Then proceed to crumble in the feta cheese. Season, to taste, with freshly ground black pepper and lemon juice and mix everything together gently.
Heat a pan until hot, season the lamb cutlets with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and brush each cutlet with a little olive oil before placing on the hot griddle. Cook for a few minutes one each side, or until lightly crisped.
Divide the cutlets between a two warm plates, and while the cutlets are still sizzling, gently spoon over the feta and herb dressing.